TeamCMP is looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data Science Team in Barcelona!
With over 60 people in our technical staff distributed in several teams between our offices in Barcelona (Spain) and Rochester (NY, USA), we are a mid-sized and fast-growing company leading the online entertainment and marketing industry.
CMP Group is a friendly, progressive company that understands the importance of the work/play ratio. Come and work in an environment that encourages your growth as a developer by investing in conferences and workshops and always encouraging you to learn new things!
As a Data Engineer you will be part of a team responsible for the following:
- Develop, construct, test and maintain data architectures and pipelines
- Develop data set processes
- Use large data sets to address business issues
- Prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modelling
- Use ETL and Business Intelligence software packages
- Analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Experience working closely with Analytics/Data Science teams
- Identify, evaluate and implement external services and tools to support data validation and cleansing
- Develop and support reporting processes
- Monitor and audit data quality
- 2+ years in similar or related roles
- Data-driven approach
- Extensive SQL and Data Modelling skills
- Working experience with non-relational and big data models (NoSQL, flat models, HDFS…)
- Advanced programming skills on Python and bash.
- Working experience with AWS data services (Redshift, RDS, S3, Athena, Glue, EMR…)
- Experience with modern BI tools (Looker, Tableau, etc)
- Competitive compensation packages based on experience, skills, and the job market
- Private health and dental insurance plans for employees and their families
- Top notch equipment (iMac or Macbook; plus an extra display)
- Flexible working hours (7,5 hours/day)
- Permanent contract
- Gym membership sponsored
- Flexible national holiday schedule – design your own working calendar
- Free English, Spanish, and Catalan classes
- Employee’s choice for up to one week of conference or training sessions per year – time off and costs covered by the company
- Plenty of parties and events allowing you to get to know and feel like part of the team: weekly Friday Beers&Pizza, Halloween Party, etc
- Attractive employee referral program
- Paid lunches and an assortment of snacks, drinks and fresh fruit